Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First&LAST CIAA




If you're wondering why I even attended the CIAA event, I can tell you that I initially went for business; my boss hosted a party Friday night and decided to extended my trip out of spontaneity and curiosity, but we all know where curiosity sometimes lands us...  

Based on my "partying" experience at the CIAA '13, I can't figure why people EVER go more than once. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but definitely not more than 3 times and definitely not 3 consecutive years!! 

 The first thing I want to point out is the RIDICULOUS amount of lines at each venue. Why was there a line for people who purchased tables in advanced?? If I spent my money to have a table/section, I don't expect to wait in a designated line for prolonged periods of time, in fact I think it was completely unacceptable and extremely annoying. 

Much of my opinion's of CIAA are biased due to the fact I strongly dislike the "hassle" of the club scene. I only like to go out under certain circumstances and how pleasurable my time is when I go out is contingent on those circumstances. The IDEAL circumstances for me going out are: 

  • Not having to pay for ANYTHING. If I can party at someone else's expense, Im SURE to have a good time. I don't drink, so luckily for whoever is showing me a good time, I wont run up your tab. 
  • Having something to wear makes things run more smoothly,  but having something to SHOWOFF make things more THRILLINGLY. So if I've recently added a new item to my wardrobe, I more interested in going out because I know Im guaranteed to get a high off of the compliments I'll receive!
  • I have to know that I'll be the designated driver at the end of the night.  This is the most important thing to me. Its annoying and pretty damn frustrating when I'm with a group of DRUNK people and someone wont let me drive because they don't let other people drive their car or some other irrational reason as to why I, the SOBER one, am denied the right to drive. I will argue, curse, and whatever else it is I need to do to get those keys or I wont get in the car.

Traffic. ANNOYING. I felt like I was in Atlanta at one point, but others took advantage of the opportunity of the standstill traffic to exchange names and numbers... and most everyone was 'choosin'. I can only imagine the mayhem I would've witnessed had the weather been a little more warm. 

Fortunately I was with a group of individuals that made sure I was as comfortable as possible during my trip, and for that I am thankful. I'd much rather had spent my time doing something more interesting than watching people drunkenly grope and grind on one another mid-day and mid-night while drinking EXCESSIVE amounts of alcohol... thats just not my idea of a good time. I probably would've rather watched the basketball games... FROM HOME.

 LMAO

I just wanted to briefly share my experience, opinions, and questions about CIAA 2013. I would love to hear feed back from y'all! Leave a comment!

FOLLOW MY IG/TWITTER:  Haute_koko

No comments:

Post a Comment